Why participate in Centerstone’s Life;Story 5K/10K?
- To raise awareness for depression and suicide prevention
- To eliminate the stigma around seeking treatment for mental illness and addiction
- To assure crisis services are available to people with depression or at risk of suicide
What is with the semicolon (;)?
A semicolon is a punctuation mark that indicates there is more to come – unlike a period which indicates the end. With every life there is a story worth telling. Centerstone wants anyone who has been touched by depression or suicide to know it does not represent the end. Whether you have lost a loved one to suicide or have experienced depression yourself, know there is more to come.
How can I participate?
- Walk the (untimed) 5K course at Nathan Benderson Park
- Run the (timed) 5K or 10K course at Nathan Benderson Park
- Volunteer (before the event or during the event)
- Sponsor the event, a walker, runner or team
- Join the virtual race from the comfort of your home!
Who can form a team?
- Elementary, Middle and High Schools who want to compete to win the school trophy
- Businesses who want to give back to the community and build team spirit
- Family members and friends whose lives have been impacted by depression or suicide
- Anyone who would like to compete for our grand and other prizes for top fundraising teams!
How can I fundraise for my Life;Story 5K/10K team?
First, the team captain registers and names their team. Then the captain recruits teammates and asks them to pick a personal goal of $50, $100 or more! All registered walkers/runners will receive a Life;Story embroidered hat if they receive $100 or more in donations. Teammates register online and get their own personal fundraising page to reach out to friends and family. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook @CenterstoneFlorida!
Where do I register?
- Register to walk (untimed) at www.centerstone.org/lifestory click on “Sign Up to Walk”
- Register to run (timed) at www.centerstone.org/lifestory click on “Sign Up to Run” and you will be re-directed to active.com to register or
- Register to run at www.active.com and search for Centerstone Life;Story
- Pick up a registration form at Fit2Run (credit card and check payments only)
- Contact Darla at 941-782-4341 or Darla.firstname.lastname@example.org for a paper registration
Who will receive awards/prizes?
- All kids who run in the Dr. Mac’s Kid’s races will receive a finishers medal
- Top Male/Female finishers in both races receive $100 gift cards from Fit2Run and 6” award plaques
- Top Male/Female finishers in Master, Grand Master, Sr. Grand Master and Veteran will receive 6” award plaques
- Engraved 4” plaques to categories 9 and under, 10-14, 15-19 and every five year increment to 80+
- School trophy to the elementary, middle and high school with the most on-site participation
- Plaques for the top fundraising team and most participant team (non-school)
- Prize package to the highest fundraising youth and adult
- All registrants will have a chance at the “grand prize”. *Must be present at time of award
What happens at the Life;Story event?
- 6:00am: DJ powers up and onsite registration starts – we run/walk rain or shine!
- 7:15am: Dr. Mac Kid’s races begin with awards at 7:30 a.m.
- 7:50am: Opening ceremony with dove release
- 8:00am: 5K/10K joint start
- 8:05am: 5K Life;Story walk begins
- 8:30am: After party with food and refreshments
- 8:50am: 5K Run Award presentation
- 9:00am: Compelling Life;Story survivor story with butterfly release
- 9:15am: 10K Run Award presentation
- 10:00am: Closing Ceremony
- North Manatee Kiwanis will be grilling up fresh hamburgers and hot dogs
- METV will be filming the event along the Butterfly and Dove releases
- We supply juice, water, and breakfast snacks
- Free parking at the venue
- First 1000 registrants are guaranteed a t-shirt– check the website for days to pick up your t-shirt and runner bags.
- Strollers are welcome.
Register online now at centerstone.org/lifestory
Questions? Contact Darla at 941-782-4341 or Darla.email@example.com